In Nanjiah Lingammal Polytechnic College in Tamil Nadu, the department of automobile engineering was started in the year 2004 with the new idea of lab equipment and technology.
In recent years we developed the various kinds of automobile workshop like service station, tyre retarding, electrical circuits, cylinder rebooting and along with this driving school which is started during the year 2010 for the betterment of students. It has started with good experienced teaching faculty in order to motivate and equip the students in the field of diploma in automobile engineering.
Being one of the best polytechnic college for automobile engineering, our mission is to honour the education and to serve the rural community, imparting knowledge, skill and character by providing job oriented course in Audio-visual, CAD CAM and process automation to train the students.
To impart student centric education in the field of Automobile Engineering to transform the individuals into competent automotive graduates to meet Industry expectations and promote values, ethics & professionalism.
- To provide an excellent academic and a conducive environment for students to enhance their skills in technical, co-curricular activities, extra-curricular activities, entrepreneurship, soft skills and personality traits
- To tie up with Industries for mutual benefit like training, internship and partial delivery of courses for the students
- To instill the students to work effectively as an individual or as an entrepreneur and exhibit leadership qualities in a team to meet the goals of the organization
- To nurture the personality traits among the students in different dimensions emphasis the ethical values and to address needs of the nation.
- To analyze, design and propose solutions in the field of Automobile Engineering and adapt to changes in technology by self learning
PO1 : Basic and Discipline specific knowledge: Apply knowledge of basic mathematics, science And engineering fundamentals and engineering specialization to solve the engineering problems.
PO2 : Problem analysis: Identify and analyses well- defined engineering problems using codified standard methods.
PO3 : Design/ development of solutions: Design solutions for well- defined technical problems and assist with the design of systems components or processes to meet specified needs.
PO4 : Engineering Tools, Experimentation and Testing: Apply modern engineering tools and appropriate technique to conduct standard tests and measurements.
PO5 : Engineering practices for society, sustainability and environment: Apply appropriate technology in context of society, sustainability, environment and ethical practices.
PO6 : Project Management: Use engineering management principles individually, as a team member or a leader to manage projects and effectively communicate about well-defined engineering activities.
PO7 : Life-long learning: Ability to analyse individual needs and engage in updating in the context of technological changes.